So I’ve been having a lot of requests for the recipes I use. I don’t always make up recipes, so most of the time I use the recipes I find on Pinterest 🙂 But, I will try to make a compilation of all the recipes I use for those of you that like to follow my posts, especially on Instagram. I don’t repeat recipes too often, so if you are looking for recipe inspiration that is tried and true for your little family, I hope I can help!
Here we go!
This weeks menu is as follows:
- Monday: Hawaiian Meatballs from Fake Ginger. This is a recipe I do actually repeat a lot! Nate absolutely love it. It is sweet with a little kick at the end of each bite. Not to mention way, way easy! I use frozen meatballs from Costco to make it even simpler. Just remember to not add the cornstarch and water until 30 minutes before you will serve it. I’ve tried to put it in when everything else goes in, but it never thickens the sauce as well as it does when it’s done at the end.
- Tuesday: Low Carb Tacos. This is a simple ground beef taco with all the normal toppings you’d normally put on a taco, such as shredded cheese, guacamole, salsa and olives. However, the taco shell is actually Butter Lettuce which makes for the perfect shell!
- Wednesday: Chipotle Burrito Bowl from What’s Gaby Cooking. I’ve made these once before and they are delicious! If you like Chipotle’s burrito bowls, you’ll love this recipe. It has that smoky adobo flavor that I absolutely love. Another plus: cheaper than actually going out to eat 🙂
- Thursday: Open Faced Chicken Caprese Sandwich from Cooking and Cooking. This is a new recipe we’re going to try this week. It’s a sandwich on a French baguette with tomato, mozzarella and basil so not sure how this could go wrong! I think we may add some fresh avocado to it as well.
- Friday: Chicken Thighs with Red Potatoes and Asparagus. This is one I will make up on the fly. I love recipes like this because it all goes on a sheet pan and cooks together. Very little prep and hardly any dishes! Just simply flavor your chicken however you like (e.g. lemon pepper, Raspberry Chipotle sauce from Costco, Italian Seasoning and garlic, Season All) and toss your potatoes and asparagus (separately) in olive oil, salt and pepper. I think I’ll add a little lemon juice to my asparagus. Cook until chicken juices run clear or internal temperature is at 165.
Below is my grocery list for the week. I’ll bet on about $50 for this menu. Oh, did I mention we are having people over for dinner twice this week? Yep, $50 bucks for a full week of food, and 2 nights of entertaining 🙂 That’s money well spent my friends!
Questions? Let me know how I can help! These are all pretty quick recipes that will fill your mouth with all kinds of happy flavors. The best part is that most are customizable. Make it work for your own little family 🙂 I hope this is helpful and makes you all as happy as it does me 🙂