So, I’m sure most people really enjoy Superbowl foods. I know I do. One of the things I crave is Buffalo Chicken Dip. My mom only made it once, but now when I think of football, that’s what I crave. So last Sunday, we were having people over for the Superbowl and I figured I would make it. It was incredibly easy, and I was able to find everything I needed in the fridge [(saves time and money since I didn’t have to make a special shopping trip :)]. Anyways, I hope you guys enjoy my own version on this classic. Its simple, its inexpensive, and always a crowd-pleaser 🙂
Sriracha “Buffalo” Chicken Dip
Total Time: Prep: 20 minutes Cook: 15 minutes
- 1 Chicken Breast
- 1/2 cup Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese
- Sriracha Sauce (to taste)
- Fill medium saucepan with water and bring to a boil. Once boiling, place chicken breast in water and cook until no longer pink in the middle.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Take chicken out of the water and place in a medium sized bowl. Shred chicken. Check out this link for a quick and easy way to shred chicken.
- Add to the bowl cream cheese and stir until incorporated. It’s best to have the chicken warm still to help the cream cheese melt a little. After cream cheese is incorporated, add sour cream, cheddar and sriracha. Stir until combined. Taste your mixture and adjust sriracha to your taste.
- Prepare a 8×8 or 9×9 baking dish by greasing it. Pour dip into dish and top with extra cheddar cheese, if desired. Bake for about 15 minutes or until dip looks bubbly or cheese on top is melted and bubbling. Since the chicken should already be warm, you are just baking so that everything comes together and warms up.
- Remove from oven and let stand for about 5 minutes. Serve with tortilla chips. Enjoy!