This meal is a family favorite, and my husband feels even more at home eating it since it is so similar to his mom’s own. Hope you enjoy!
Total Time: Prep: 20 minutes Cook: 30 minutes
Makes: 12 enchiladas
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 2 cans Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 pint Sour Cream
- 1 can Green Chilies
- 12 Flour Tortillas
- 3 c. shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 bunch Green Onions (optional)
- Boil chicken in a large saucepan until cooked through. 10-15 minutes. Remove from pan and either cut or shred chicken. (my husband loves shredded chicken)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Into saucepan, combine chicken, sour cream, soup and green chilies. Cook on medium heat until it boils. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Heat tortillas in microwave until flexible. Fill tortillas with about 2 tbsp. mixture and toll up. Place in lightly greased baking dish.
- Pour remaining mixture over the top of rolled enchiladas. Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake uncovered for about 30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and starting to bubble.
- Remove from oven. Let stand for about 5 minutes. Serve warm with chopped green onions and salsa.
These make awesome leftovers as well. Keep in refrigerator for up to 5 days.