November 24, 2015
Well, this is one of my last posts for my Thankful Posts this year. My husband and I are heading to Idaho for Thanksgiving, and it sounds like it is in the middle of no where so I’m not counting on having much internet connection out there.
So since this is my last for this year, I wanted to write a list of all of the things I am thankful for.
- Slow cookers. I love being able to dump things into the pot and be able to do other things for hours, to come back to a cooked meal! I tried this dessert last week, and even though its simple, it was delish!
- Ice cream. After you check out the recipe I mentioned above, you may understand why. Its perfect to add creamy-richness for anything! Best served cold, with something hot
- Game nights. I love having a night with friends or family playing board and card games. Its the best with my dad when he starts getting stressed out about loosing… I’ve had many a night when I was on the verge of wetting my pants because I was laughing so hard. Families (and friends) that play together, stay together.
- PUPPIES! I love dogs. Love, love, love, LOVE them. I have had 3 boxers (which I think are the best breed ever) and a Pug/ Shih-tzu and something else mix. Dogs truly are a man’s best friend. I have countless memories of being sick or sad and being comforted by one of these little angels. They always are ecstatic when you come home, and virtually cry when you leave. Man, I miss my baby girls right now.
- Laughter. You know how people say that the more you laugh, the longer you’ll live? If that is true, I think I will live a long and happy life. My husband laughs cause I seem to laugh at anything. I say its better than being bitter and sad all the time!
- Vacation days. I love those days that I have off from work and get to spend time with family. I also love when I get to get more things done than normal! Like, working on Christmas Gifts for instance.
- Spell check- but not auto correct. I would say that I’m pretty good at spelling, but it’s always nice to have a little permanent editor watching your back so you don’t look like a total dork…
- Siblings. My brother is the best brother out there. He is the goofiest kid, and he gets me 🙂 I think he is one of maybe 3 men that actually do. We have the best time together. Its weird how much I miss him now that I am not living at home and get to see him on a daily basis.
- Movies. I haven’t seen one in theaters for months nor have I had a whole lot of time to watch movies at home, but I do love them. I like those rare moments when you get to watch a story come to life.
- A perfect playlist. I love stumbling on a playlist that just works for the moment and sets the mood right for the evening. I found an amazing one for Thanksgiving on Spotify last week. It hits the spot. It’s called “Filtr Food- Thanksgiving”
- Christmas decorations. I love how beautiful Christmas Decorations are. They are cheery, and get me soo excited 🙂 I love the colors of the season, the sparkles, the stars. I think its perfect for everything the Christmas season represents.
- Color pallets. I love finding a pallet that just works. When I was planning my wedding I was finding some truly amazing pallets to work off of that fit everything I wanted for my wedding. I love that there are beautiful pallets for the home as well. Grey baby 🙂
- Photographs. I am the worst at remembering to take pictures of moments that matter, but I love when I get to see the pictures that others took. I was glad that I was able to find a photographer to help capture the best day of my life.
- Christ. More than anything I am thankful for my Savior. I am beyond grateful for everything that he has done for me to make it possible for me to live a full life and make it back to my Father in Heaven with my family. I’m thankful for the ultimate sacrifice He paid to make up for my sins and failures. I can’t wait for the day that I get to kneel down in front of my Savior and praise Him and my Father.
I hope you all have the best Thanksgiving. Enjoy these moments and the time you get to spend with your loved ones. In the words of Meghan Trainor (I know… slightly cheesy) “we’re not promised tomorrow”.
Wishing you happiness,